12.09.2009

12/08/99... 10 years ago yesterday...
Today starts the 11th year of living without my best friend from my childhood, my Grandfather. Every year at this time it makes me step back and think about my life, think about how I'm living, and if Grandpa Don would be proud of me. Sadly, I think of things that he wouldn't be proud of things that probably hurt him deeply. The fact remains that I miss him, terribly. He was a seperate breed of man. He was a strong, but nurturing, clever, but slow to judge, smart, but not arrogant, charitable but not gullible man. He taught me more about life in 11 years than anyone else could, and as I sit here writing this I realize that he's still teaching me things, without me even realizing it. I am the man I am today because of my Grandfather. If it wasn't for the things he instilled in me at such a young age, things that I rebelled again, I don't know where I would be right now. I love him, and think of him often, and I know that he's in Heaven with my Grandma Paige, playing bridge but as selfish as it is, I wish they were all here with me.... RIP Grandpa Don 12/08/99 and Grandma Paige 10/13/06... I love you both more than you'll ever know...

Struggling through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment