1.16.2013

Supporting the Call... Take 2

It's Happening Again.

There's been this call placed on my heart. A call to live and embrace Matthew 28:19. A call to love people who I've never met before. A call, that I will be answering in March.

I am about to embark on yet another mission trip. My dear friend Amanda, traveled to a small country called Moldova a little less than a year ago. She spent 4 months there working with Word Made Flesh, during the last year, as Amanda and I's friendship has grown and strengthened I have heard her talk about her experience, the people, the city, the weather... all the details right down to the somewhat sketchy amusement park they visited. Then, about 2-3 months ago she approached me about an opportunity to go to Moldova. She was going to be leading a team from our church, that would spend roughly 11 days in Eastern Europe ministering and working at an orphanage. As soon as she told me we would be working with kids, I was sold. So, I started praying. I had a lot to pray about in this particular situation because a few other opportunities to return to Africa, and travel elsewhere had presented themselves. However, I felt called to this one....

I need your help. Once again readers, I humbly come to you looking for support, both spiritually and financially. I need prayer more than anything: prayer for myself, my team, the children, and impact we can have for the Kingdom. If nothing else, if the only response this post invokes is prayer... than it's been successful. Secondly, I need help raising the money to go. The cost is roughly $2500 and there is no way I can afford that on my own. If you wouldn't mind, please take a moment and read the support letter I have drafted below. If you feel led to support me financially, there are many ways you can do that listed at the end of that letter. Thank you for supporting me, stay tuned for more details!

Grace and Peace,
B


Dear Friends and Family,
I hope this letter finds you doing well and enjoying the start of a new year. I am writing to share with you about an incredible opportunity I have coming up this spring. As many of you know, I have a heart and passion for ministry, especially for international missions. As I have expressed in the past it is my desire to truly answer the Call in Matthew 28:19 when Christ commands us to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit…”. This Spring, I will be joining a team of 8 people from my church, Community Church of Columbus, on a trip to the small Eastern European country of Moldova. We will depart on March 17th and return on March 28th. Our team will be partnering with the missions organization Word Made Flesh, as we minister to children in a government run orphanage.
I am extremely excited about this mission opportunity because it is unlike any of the other trips I have taken. I will have the opportunity to share the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ with His children in Moldova. I was immediately drawn to this opportunity due to the realization that I would get to share The Father’s love with the fatherless.  I have no idea what God has in store for me there, but I do know that I will be broken, uplifted, shaped, moved, awestruck, and mesmerized by the Creator for the entire 11 days that I am there. Just as in the past, I am striving to live a life similar to that of Abraham, in that when God says “Go!” I go without question. While I answer the Call God has placed on my heart this Spring, there are a few ways you can be supporting me.
The first and most important support I can ask for is Prayer. Please be in prayer for our team and in prayer for the people in Moldova who we will be interacting with on a daily basis. Please join me in praying for strength, good health, amazing acts of God, to be completely broken (for me at least), to be completely made whole, to find answers to the questions I have, and to be changed into more of the man that God wants me to be. We know that prayer is the foundation to everything we do, and everyone on the team is seeking multiple people who will commit to pray for us.
Secondly, it would be a huge blessing if you are able to help support our team financially. I fully trust that God will provide each team member with the money to take this trip, however, I know that we can’t afford it on our own. The total cost of my trip is $2500, not including the cost of vaccinations. I will need to receive only two vaccines for this trip, so hopefully that cost will not amount to much. If you feel led to help financially, send me a message or send your support to the address listed on the envelope included (also listed at the top of this letter). Please make all checks out to Community Church of Columbus with my name in the memo line. You can also donate by clicking the Paypal “Donate!” button on my blog (musicalmindset-realnoimitation.blogspot.com). What I really want you to do is pray for me, that is the number one thing I need. Thank you all for your love and support, I will continue to post notes and blogs leading up to the trip, during, and after I get back to let you all know what amazing things God does while we are in Moldova!

Grace and Peace,
Brad Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment