12.23.2011

God's anticipation

I.Have.Been.Thinking.

I know, I know. That first statement scares some of you because you know me all too well. Here's the thing though, as Christians we always talk about the ultimate sacrifice right? I truly believe that God sending Christ to die on the cross is the ultimate sacrifice. I mean, God's ONLY Son, that's HUGE! Of course, to go with that Christ gave up His life on Earth, for our sins. Again, it's HUGE. I just can't get over how crazy that is, but at the same time... I have another thought. It's Christmas time right? The birthday of JESUS himself. The Christmas season, and the thought of the sacrifice made me come up with this thought...

I don't know about everyone else, but my favorite part about Christmas (aside from the fact that it has everything and more to do with my salvation) is the excitement of giving gifts to my friends and family. I just love the creativity that I can exert to find the perfect (for them) gift, the sentiment that it carries, the expression of love, the joy it can bring to them. It's easily what I look forward to the most about Christmas day. (I will admit, #2 is breakfast, #3 is my own present.. No seriously, I really love food.) Which made me think, how excited was God to give us His only Son? I mean, yeah it was a huge sacrifice, but He gave us Christ, and Christ ultimately gave His life because of their love for us. I think when God sent Jesus to be born of Mary, He spent the next 3 years just waiting in anticipation. Waiting for people to realize what He was doing for them. I think God felt a lot like I do about giving gifts to my family. I also think, He's that excited and waits with that same anticipation for us to accept Him as our Creator, Savior, King of Kings, the Lover of our Souls. I think He spent 18 years just fidgeting on His throne waiting for me to accept Him into my life. When I did, it was a HUGE moment for both me and Him. Now, I don't mean to sound arrogant, because I think He waits in anticipation for all the lost and broken to find their way home. I just think about the way I love my family, and the excitement that comes from that love when I get to give them gifts, and I think.. "God loves me more than I could ever love another person, He must be wearing his dancing shoes just waiting for one of us to return home".

Do.It.

I don't know if that all made sense, but I know one thing. God is anticipating giving you a gift, your salvation, all you have to do is say yes. Once you do, He'll be dancing with joy, because of the joy you will then find in Him. Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice with His life, God gave us the ultimate gift in His Son, and our Salvation.

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment