12.03.2011

Support Adoption #1

Love.Before.First.Sight.

Nashville is always a refreshing change of scenery, especially when I get to spend time here with two of my favorite people. This weekend is going to be filled with moments spent dreaming, planning, fundraising and scheming about the love, time and care that will go into Elijah's life. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be this little boy's Uncle B and I haven't even had the chance to meet him, or even see a picture of him. My heart just melts when I think of the first moment I will get to hold him, and the look on Amy and Mike's faces every time he does something new. It's funny how there are some people in your life that you know you were just destined to be family with despite the lack of blood relation. I am ecstatic to be here this weekend and can't even begin to explain how excited I am for Elijah to be here with us, despite not knowing when that will be. The joy that comes over his mother's face whenever she speaks of him is such a reminder of how strong the bond between parent and child is. She will truly be able to tell him that she loved him even before he was born. That she has been praying and planning for his arrival into this world since Christ placed him on her heart. I am so blessed to be a part of this. I am in awe.

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Brad! Jeez...I didn't know you put up a post this weekend...I'm sitting here CRYING as I read this!!! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words! I couldn't agree with you more- so glad that God had our paths cross. SO blessed to call you family! We love you!
    Elijah is so blessed to have so many people love him already....especially his Uncle B!

    ReplyDelete