4.04.2012

Conversations that create inspiration

This post has been a long time coming. I have had many people ask me if I had stopped writing, but that's not the case at all. I think God has been preparing me to write this over the last few weeks. Life has been moving faster than ever and it seems as though I have had 6 hours to breath in the last 2 months. It was during a conversation with a brother of mine this week that made me realize, I haven't been writing for two reasons 1. I have been uninspired, I have been so focused on work that I haven't taken any time to allow the Holy Spirit to move in me (more on that later) 2. I think if I had tried to write in the last two months or so all I would have done was babble and complain, that isn't the purpose of this blog, nor is it something I want to put my readers through. While I don't promise that there will not be complaints throughout my posts, I will always try to remain focused on the Kingdom, the way God is working in my life and the lives of those around me...

As I said before life has been moving fast, so let me catch you up on everything that has been happening. Some of you may know back in December I accepted a contract position with Cummins. It was initially supposed to last 2 months, it has now been 4 months and I have another 6 months guaranteed. The hope is that at some point in the next 6 months I will be offered a full time position. To be honest when I took the position I was really just trying to make a little money. It has turned into a huge blessing, a position that I currently love and a great ministry opportunity. Two months after accepting the contract I moved into a house with a good friend of mine. It's great to be on my own again, and while it was different at first to be living that close to home but not at home, I know this was a good move for me. Between work, a new house, church/small group, friends and family life has been a whirlwind. My excuse for not writing, not staying in touch, not reading, etc. has been that I don't have time...

This week I have been getting to know some new people. Through a series of conversations with some of these people about their desires to be more involved I came to the realization that my excuses have no validity. I found myself telling them that if they felt a call on their heart then they needed to answer that call. I knew that despite what they had going on, God would provide the time, energy, and resources to get everything done because they were doing what He was calling them to do. Talk about slapping myself in the face. Here I was encouraging people to answer their call, and yet I was blatantly ignoring my own. I have things I have committed to that need follow through. I need to be more intentional about being relational. I need to continue to make time to ask people for prayers... And I don't mean ask them for prayers for myself, but ask them how I can pray for them. I am thankful for the people God is placing in my path, I am excited to see those relationships develop and grow. I constantly think about the bible and the letters that Paul writes to the different churches. He as genuine concern for them and their relationships with Christ. I want to be more like Paul in that way. I want to be more focused on the growth of those around me, and my own impact on them.

I am a constant work in progress and there are days when I take backward steps. I am learning every day how beautiful the grace and mercy of God really is. I have finally begun to slow down and take more time to enjoy everything. Things like staying up way too late to have meaningful conversations, or going for a run after work (granted I almost died after the one). I want nothing more than to look back and feel as though I never missed a meaningful moment because I took the time to stop and embrace all the beauty that God has created. I am thankful for family, friends, financial stability, the opportunity to serve in more ways each day, and the influence others are having in my life! Stay tuned readers... There is more to come. I love you.

Let me know how I can pray for you

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment