9.04.2012

Words Through the Wreckage

Some of you may have noticed that the title of my blog, the overall blog, has changed. It used to be "As Days Go By..." and while I still believe that it was an appropriate title for a time, it was also a time for a change. There's a reason I changed it to Words Through the Wreckage, and this post will be aimed at trying to best explain what that means. To begin with, everything I write here is just words. They are words that come from an attempt to convey to whoever reads this the things that God teaches me on a regular basis. Sometimes they are just words because I need to sit down and vent out some frustrations or confusion. A lot of the time THOSE posts, aren't published for your reading pleasure. Sometimes I write words in order to better understand myself. Regardless of what the meaning behind the words is... they are just... words.

The rest of the title of this blog says "Through the Wreckage" and there's a reason for that as well. A couple of reasons in all actuality. The first being that my life is a wreck. I'm not saying that in a way that means it's necessarily a bad life, because it is not. It's a wonderful life, and I love every bit of it. However, it's still a wrecked life in a few different ways. The first being that, from the ages of 15-19, I did a lot of stupid things. I mean... I still do a lot of stupid things. However, that four years of my life, I was a complete idiot. I walked away from God, I was angry for valid reasons, but my reaction to that anger was not valid. I walked away from my creator, and I wrecked my own life. And now, there are still times I am dealing with the mistakes I made then... and sometimes I'm repeating those same mistakes. So the words that I write, are words that have come through the wreckage. Words that have come from the realization that without God, I am a wretched sinner. With God, I am a beloved child of God saved by grace, and carried through the wreckage by my Savior. The second reason, I chose to title this blog the way that I did is that this world that we live in is wrecked. It's wrecked by the fact that so many of us believe we can do it all on our own. We attempt to take on the role of God and make our own destiny. We have missed the point in so many ways it's not even humorous at this point. Yet, God carries us through the wreckage when we give our lives over to Him. He has created a path to help guide us through the wreckage to an eternal life with Him. Granted, occasionally we still get cut and scraped from the wreckage-- regardless of whether or not we stay on the path. In the end though, if we follow God's path, we have a much better change of surviving the wreckage that is this World.

The final reason for this title is probably the most important one. When I write, it's generally because God has completely wrecked me in a beautiful way. When I lose sight of what's important, when I get too focused on my own ways, or the ways of the World... God wrecks me. He breaks me to pieces and then completely rebuilds me into something that is closer to His image. He wrecks me because He knows that the only way I will be able to comprehend His grace and mercy is if I am broken. If there were never broken moments in our lives, we would have no need for God-- we'd have no need for relationship, prayer, faith, belief, or grace. I need all those things, on a daily basis. Despite the fact that I have God providing me with grace and mercy, I still screw up all the time. Sometimes I screw up in ways that are so big it makes me sick to my stomach, it makes me feel like I am... broken. Then I refocus on those things, relationship, faith, prayer, belief and grace. God grants me a second, third, and five hundredth chance. Because even though I am wretched, He loves me enough to create and pull me through the wreckage. I need to be wrecked this week. I need to be broken. And I need to be restored. I need God to provide answers to questions, and the direction for certain parts of my life. Pray that God wrecks me this week.


Grace and Peace

B

No comments:

Post a Comment